OISC New Organisation Registration
We recognise that registering with the OISC can be both a complicated endeavour and at the same time cost a small fortune, so we are here to help you get it right the first time, reduce costs and eliminate stress.
The expertise of our team, (our OISC specialists hold 10+ years of immigration practice) along with our unique understanding of the OISC, enables us to support you or your firm in establishing your business in the UK immigration law sector.
Here’s how we help
We can prepare the whole OISC application for you, supporting you with preparing the business plan and cash flow statement, guiding you on where to find the right insurance, submitting the OISC application and dealing with any queries which the OISC raises.
Who is this service for?
- Those applying to set up a new immigration business
- Individuals becoming OISC-accredited
- Those setting up a new charity to help immigrants or asylum seekers.
- Overseas firms looking to open an OISC-regulated firm in the UK.
To have a confidential chat to discuss how you can successfully open an immigration law firm in the UK, call us on 0800 066 2219
Preparing for an OISC audit can be stressful and it can result in less fee-earning time for you and your team. Our OISC specialists offer solutions to these problems by actively helping your firm prepare for its OISC audit, thereby reducing the administrative burden on your firm. This means that you and your colleagues can spend more time focussing on running the business and servicing clients, and less time worrying about OISC audits.
We can support in the following ways:
- Provide your firm an overview of the OISC audit process.
- If it is your firm’s first OISC audit, helping you and your team prepare for inspection.
- Reviewing your firm’s policies and documents to ensure they are up-to-date and remain compliant.
- Conducting a spot-check on client files to ensure compliance with OISC requirements.
- Preparing a report, after inspection, to highlight areas of concern.
Get in touch with our team today to find out how we can support you.
OISC Client Complaints
Have you received, or has the OISC contacted you about, a client complaint? Did you know that receiving multiple complaints can persuade the OISC to cancel your firm’s OISC accreditation?
Dealing with client complaints can be time-consuming and take away vital resources from managing and running your OISC organisation, yet it is also essential to address complaints correctly. There are also risks involved if your firm does not correctly identify and respond to complaints or if your firm receives too many complaints. Ultimately this could result in your firm losing its OISC accreditation. Eliminate this risk by consulting with our OISC specialists and instructing Pacific Legal Training to support your firm in addressing OISC complaints.
Our team of OISC specialists is ready to support your firm in responding to OISC client complaints. Our process is as follows:
- Upon receipt of instructions, we’ll review the client complaint and conduct our assessment of the client file.
- We’ll advise you on your firm’s options.
- If you instruct us to, we’ll prepare a response to the client or to the OISC, as the case may be.
OISC Cancellation of Registration
Has the OISC notified your firm that its registration will be cancelled? Are you worried about losing your main source of income? Do you not know where to start? Our OISC specialists will actively support your firm and provide solutions for you to move forward.
- We’ll analyse the OISC notification of cancellation.
- Carry out an assessment of your firm’s defence and response.
- Help prepare or review your response to the OISC.
OISC Supervision Plans
Are you looking to recruit a new adviser? Or are you looking to promote an employee holding a non-advisory role? The OISC has strict rules which mean that only qualified advisers can give immigration law advice. An OISC supervision plan, however, provides an exception to this rule and allows unqualified advisers to engage in fee-earning.
How we’ll support
- We’ll help you prepare and draft an OISC Supervision Plan.
- We’ll advise you on the training needs which need to be met.
- We’ll take time to understand what you’re trying to achieve.
- We’ll incorporate any changes you make to the OISC Supervision Plan
OISC File Closure Letter
Do you need to review the OISC Model documents and to produce tailored OISC file closure letters and client care letters for various immigration applications? Are you looking to automate your onboarding processes and file closure procedures? If so, our OISC specialists can prepare templates for your firm to use. Contact us to see how our OISC templates and OISC Model Documents can support your firm and free-up more billable fee-earning time.
Do you need to prepare Marketing Collateral for your OISC work, such as brochures to advertise your services? Do you want to outsource the creation of this content? Do you need to work with experts who understand immigration law? If so, our OISC specialists can create the content for your immigration marketing collateral, whether you want to create specific brochures for your Team or otherwise.
How we can support
- We’ll create content on immigration law for your website services pages and your blog.
- We’ll create marketing collateral, such as brochures advertising your immigration law services.
- We can produce articles and opinion pieces on immigration law ready to send to the press.
- We can create content for video marketing.
- We can help prepare or create content for scripted media appearances.
- We can suggest content ideas for blogs, podcasts, videos and other marketing areas to increase your firm’s brand awareness.
OISC Compliance Department
Are you looking for a way to outsource your OISC compliance duties? Contact our team of OISC specialists who will be able to support you with ensuring OISC compliance and making sure that your business continues to thrive as an OISC practice.
- We’ll conduct monthly or quarterly spot-checks of files to assess your compliance with the OISC and ensure you are meeting requirements.